|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the project
Laing O’Rourke is supporting Defence’s operations in the Northern Territory delivering the Larrakeyah Defence Precinct Redevelopment Program as managing contractor.
The Larrakeyah Defence Precinct is a critical enabler and provides support to the sustainment of the Australian Defence Force. The base supports numerous Army, Navy and Joint units, including Headquarters Northern Command, North West Mobile Force (NORFORCE) and HMAS Coonawarra.
The Larrakeyah Defence Precinct Redevelopment Program is a merging of two former projects, J0109 Larrakeyah barracks Defence Precinct and N2238 Facilities to Support Naval Operations in the North.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Site Administrator to join Laing O’Rourke as Managing Contractor on the Larrakeyah Defence Precent Redevelopment Program in Darwin, NT. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
You will be responsible for ensuring a high level of adequate and effective administration support is provided to the project team and project leadership team by ensuring all site administration tasks are executed in a timely and organised manner.
- Administer established Administration & Office Management procedures.
- Assist in creation and preparation of publications (reports, correspondence, presentations etc)
- Faciliate Defence Passes for all site personnel and seek approval according to process.
- Arrange Temporary Visitor Passes as required.
- Greeting clients and visitors, ensuring the sign on process is followed.
- Operate a telephone switchboard with a number of telephone lines and extensions
- Maintain stationary, office and kitchen supplies.
- Collating and printing documents
- Perform ad hoc administrative duties such as maintaining conference, meeting and training room booking schedules, sort and distribute incoming mail, arrange and manage courier bookings
As the ideal candidate:
- You will have prior experience in a similar Administration role, and preferably with previous experience working in a construction/engineering environment.
- You will be a self starter who is able to demonstrate initiative
- You will have excellent Microsoft office skills, specifically with intermidiate to advance excel skills.
- Your prior experience working in a fast paced, demanding environment has given you a proactive and adaptable attitude
- You will possess an ability to exercise discretion and protect confidentiality whilst maintaining an approachable attitude
- A high attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of your role
- Must be a local resident to Darwin, NT
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.