|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the project
Laing O’Rourke is supporting Defence’s operations in the Northern Territory delivering the Larrakeyah Defence Precinct Redevelopment Program as managing contractor.
The Larrakeyah Defence Precinct is a critical enabler and provides support to the sustainment of the Australian Defence Force. The base supports numerous Army, Navy and Joint units, including Headquarters Northern Command, North West Mobile Force (NORFORCE) and HMAS Coonawarra.
The Larrakeyah Defence Precinct Redevelopment Program is a merging of two former projects, J0109 Larrakeyah barracks Defence Precinct and N2238 Facilities to Support Naval Operations in the North.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Senior Site Administrato r to join Laing O’Rourke as Managing Contractor on the Larrakeyah Defence Precent Redevelopment Program in Darwin, NT. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
You will be responsible for ensuring a high level of adequate and effective administration support is provided to the project team and project leadership team by ensuring all site administration tasks are executed in a timely and organised manner.
Your day-to-day tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and administer security police checks for all project personnel.
- Provide administrative support to the Project Management team as required.
- Raise supply and plant orders, process Goods Received Notes / Delivery Dockets, Vendor management, monitor rejected invoices, incorrect accruals and costs.
- Assist and administer corporate days and local engagement.
- Administer monthly progress claims as required.
- Administrate all on-boarding for LOR staff joining the Project.
- Administer established Administration & Office Management procedures, whilst actively looking for process improvements and efficiencies as required.
- Experience in a similar site-based Office Manager or Senior Site Admin role.
- Prior experience working in a large-scale engineering, construction, manufacturing and/or services organisation will be highly regarded.
- A collaborative and results driven leadership/management style.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills.
- A high level of organisational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment with a proactive and adaptable attitude.
- Experience working on a defence infrastructure project would be advantageous.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.