At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
We are looking for a Consultant within the Climate Change and Sustainability Services team in our Melbourne office.
The EY Climate Change and Sustainability Services team is the biggest sustainability consulting team in Oceania. Our multidisciplinary team comprises 230 experienced professionals across Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, as well as Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, and advises a large proportion of the ASX 200 to help them drive performance beyond their bottom line.
Your key responsibilities
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team across a range of industries, assisting organisations on how they manage and report on climate risk and greenhouse emissions
- Contribute to strategy, solutions, methodologies, analytical frameworks and tools to help clients succeed and navigate complex regulatory environments and manage stakeholder expectations
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key business decision-makers, both internally and externally
- Identifying and communicating trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to the client, while demonstrating a deep understanding of the industry and marketplace
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Tertiary qualification, such as in engineering or environmental sciences, economics or accounting
- 1-2 years’ experience in a climate related position.
- Knowledge of relevant climate change and energy policy, legislation, guidance and standards as well as a good understanding of the impacts of climate change
- Practical experience with energy and emissions reporting schemes including National Greenhouse Emissions Reporting (NGER) scheme, the Safeguard Mechanism and the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF)
- Climate risk assessment and disclosure experience, including knowledge of the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) Framework
- Knowledge of, and experience in decarbonisation approaches and climate strategy.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in assurance or auditing, climate risk or decarbonisation is highly desirable.