At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We are currently seeking Heavy Duty Diesel Fitters or Heavy Duty Mechanics to join our Surface Mobile Maintenance Team at Mt Keith. The successful individuals will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and will demonstrate the following;
- Performing scheduled and unplanned maintenance and diagnosing and repairing of Mobile Plant Equipment (CAT, Liebherr, Epiroc & Komatsu);
- Ensuring that all documentation and data entry is accurately completed;
- Maintain a high level working knowledge of safety processes;
- Overriding commitment to BHP Charter, health, safety, environment and sustainable development;
Nickel West Mt Keith is located 460 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in the Northern Goldfields. Nickel West Mt Keith is a surface mining operation with an open pit and concentrator plant. The operation is surrounded by pastoral stations, with the nearest townships being Leinster and Wiluna. There’s plenty to keep you entertained in the Mt Keith Village. Take the heat off the day and head to the pool - or join in a game of footy. BBQ dinners are regularly held and other social activities include movie nights. Employees commute to and from Perth on a fly in / fly out roster or form regional areas on a drive in / drive out roster.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Trade Cert - Heavy Duty Fitter / Mechanic (Australian recognised);
- Experience working as an HD Fitter in a mining environment;
- A current manual drivers licence;
- Dogging, Rigging & Forklift High Risk Licence (desirable not essential);
- Computer literacy and/or experience in 1SAP;
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well within a team to achieve outcomes;
- Motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and engage in team operations.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.