|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bring your customer service and mechanical skills to this fast paced role
- Repair and maintain a wide range of capital equipment on customer sites
- Enjoy stable employment and build your career. Located in Cambridge
At Coates Hire, A Job is never just a Job – It’s Progress.
As a Field Service Mechanic, take responsibility for repair of our hire equipment and machinery on customer sites. This will include safe, effective and efficient preventative maintenance, service and overhaul as required. Play a crucial role in providing customers with top-quality customer service. Deliver a level of trust and commitment to our customers that you are the right person for the job, as well as ensuring a high standard of safety.
About your responsibilities :
- Contribute to Coates Hires Safety First – Zero Harm safety culture by following all safety protocol.
- Diagnose & repair mechanical faults across variety of equipment on site, and/or organise the return/replacement of the equipment.
- Ensure stock levels of spare parts are available to undertake any repair on site.
- Respond promptly to customer enquiries regarding breakdowns. Keep them informed of any requirements, time frames and options they have.
- Complete paperwork regarding service and repairs.
As well as having amazing customer service skills and a Can-Do, flexible attitude, you will have:
- Relevant trade qualifications and a minimum 2 years post trade experience
- A current driver’s license & forklift license (desirable)
- Mechanical experience with petrol and diesel motors, hydraulics pneumatics and basic electrical skills
- Familiarisation with JSEA’s;
- A high regard for safety on the job
Customer service is crucial in this role. This may mean you have to work to tight deadlines or be prepared to do overtime from time to time.
If you are interested in a long term role with a stable employer that offers career opportunities, then we look forward to your application. You can make it happen.