|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Performance & Optimisation Analyst - Reporting
- Permanent role
- Surry Hills based, with WFH flexibility
- Help deliver data-driven decision making within Woolies X
As a start-up business inside one of Australia's largest retailers, WooliesX aims to bring the best of Woolworths to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital, eCommerce, Customer Loyalty and Financial Services businesses to transform the customer experience under one banner - WooliesX.
Based between Bella Vista and Surry Hills, our vibrant, innovative and energetic collaboration spaces empower our teams to innovate and deliver an exceptional experience for our customers - no matter whether they choose to shop in-store, or online.
We are an agile team who embrace diversity of thought and love to take on challenges with a pragmatic and innovative approach. Our culture thrives on mutual respect, care, curiosity, openness, and a proactive attitude. As a team, we continually seek ways to pair, collaborate, support and learn from each other!
About the role:
Reporting to the Lead Performance & Optimisation analyst, the Senior Performance & Optimisation Analyst will spend their days on the tools to build and deliver closed loop reporting platforms and highlight digital channels’ efficiencies on campaign level.
The Senior Performance & Optimisation Analyst will support the platform team to enable insight extraction that shapes decisions around digital marketing strategies, campaign designs and true target marketing. You will be working closely with the data science, machine learning engineering and BI teams and will be the link between marketing and technical teams across the business.
- Transform raw digital marketing data across different channels into actionable and digestible information
- Periodic reporting/tracking for key digital campaign KPI's, as well as automating the reporting where possible
- Provide meaningful interpretation of digital marketing data to provide insight, recommendations, and guidance across, effectiveness and the reach of each digital channel and on campaign level and report back to the business
- Promote an internal culture of true data-driven decision making, one to one target marketing and closed loop measurement based on analytics data and offline customer behaviour data
- Develop, drive, and own the reporting process with a good understanding of the principles of data quality. This will include the creation, and ongoing use of effective reporting templates which provide timely/live reporting enabling
- Key stakeholders include digital marketing team and sales team as your clients and data science team, BI team and data engineer team as the peers
- Support the deployment of new analytical solutions and analytics requests based on action-ability and business impact
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced analyst who will be able to work closely with business stakeholders to provide the necessary insights and reporting to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Minimum of 5 years’ insights, web analytical experience, and digital marketing reporting.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills across both business and technical functions.
- Must have strong knowledge of SQL – analysis, queries, cases.
- Proven product management skills as well as sound understanding of data science concepts to lead the development phase of the reporting products and be the point of contact between the Data science team and the client is required.
- Experience with Google Marketing platform, Google Ad Manager, Tealium tag manager, Adobe stack and Data Transfer files are essential.
- Experience with Google cloud platform resources such as BigQuery, Dataproc, Dataflow, DataStudio and Google Storage for processing the data.
- Sound understanding of media technologies (ad-servers, DMPs, DSPs) and other platforms (Tealium, Salesforce marketing cloud, and etc.)
- Have extensive BI experience and visualisation platforms.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.