|Job Type:||Full Time|
RNM Workshop, Electrical Technician
- Residential/FIFO 8/6 roster
- Located in Dampier
About the role
We are looking for Rail Workshop Electrical Technicians to provide specialised trade expertise within the Rail Maintenance team. The role will be conducting routine inspections, servicing, commissioning and breakdown support for our track maintenance machinery fleet.
This role is a great opportunity to work closely with specialists to ensure the maintenance strategy and requirements are delivered safely. Working 8 days on, 6 off roster and reporting through to the Rail Maintenance Workshop Supervisor, your duties will include:
- Conducting a high level of technical fault finding with reference to Instrumentation and Electrical systems of all disciplines on our rail maintenance machinery fleet, including Plassar Tamper’s & Regulator Machines, Viacar Mobile Flashbutt Welders, and Mobile Plant
- Calibration of on-board Electrical systems and instrumentation
- Proved breakdown support for up track rail teams.
- Undertaking routine inspection, fault finding and root cause analysis of breakdowns for the track maintenance machine fleet
- Undertaking diagnostic work to identify faults in equipment and apply fault finding techniques
- Applying principles of root causes of analysis’s and make recommendations to ensure that probability of repeat failures is minimised
- Performing planned and breakdown preventative and corrective maintenance
- Diagnosing and correcting issues in complex electrical process and control systems, to avoid or minimise impact on reliability
- Implementing process improvements as directed
- Actively participating in and contributing towards achieving organisational goals and priorities, along with leading the team around the most appropriate action planning
- Efficiently carrying out minor and major planned maintenance and inspections of all disciplines of rail maintenance machines
To be successfully considered for this role, ideally you will have:
- Strong safety culture
- Self-motivated for continues improvement
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Electrical Trade Cert ( A grade electrical licence)
- Sound Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and other relevant computer programs
- Sound Knowledge in PLC systems
- Proven ability to interpret service and operation manuals
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- People leadership experience
- Ability in troubleshooting faults with all electrical systems for all disciplines of rail maintenance machines, including Tampers & Regulators and or Flashbutt welders (desired)
- Rail Industry experience
- Mining Industry experience
- SAP experience
Where you will be working
Our privately owned and operated rail network is an essential part of our integrated production process and services our 15 mines across the Pilbara via 1,700km of track. With depots located at Tom Price, Cape Lambert and Dampier. Each train is operated autonomously from our operations centre in Perth. Our trains comprise of up to three locomotives and 240 ore cars stretching to approximately 2.7 kilometres in length with over 40 trains operating per day. We are also applying and adapting technology to improve safety and productivity across our rail network.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.