We are currently looking to recruit a Mobility Centre Operations Assistant to work at the Mobility Centre in Mount Cotton. This is a casual role and has been created to assist our Mobility Centre Operations Officer and Manager and will involve working most Saturdays and Sundays when the Centre is under Hire and some weekdays, providing effective and timely business support and client services for the Mobility Centre.
The RACQ Mobility Centre offers a wide range of real-world training and testing environments – including city intersections, off-road terrain, road circuits, large vehicle manoeuvring areas and rural settings which can be configured for a range of scenarios and weather conditions. It is the premier mobility facility in the southern hemisphere, bringing together highly skilled minds to tackle the biggest challenges in smart mobility technology – developing transport that is greener, faster, cheaper, and safer.
This role will be responsible for the running of the centre over the weekend, working with our hirers and assisting them with facility requirements on site. Initially training would be conducted during the week with the Operations team prior to commencing weekend and weekday work. . Some of the key responsibilities are\:
- Provide sign-in / out services as required.
- Conduct orientation and safety briefings for visitors and clients as required
- Maintain awareness of centre activities in progress and respond to any queries or issues that arise
- Record, report and/or respond to any maintenance, safety, security or facility user incidents that may arise in the course of day to day operations
- Secure all buildings, gates, alarms as required
- Draft routine letters, memos, reports, newsletters, submissions or other correspondence in accordance with Centre standards.
- Coordinate events and resource requirements including logistical arrangements for example facilities, catering, and equipment.
- Support the Centre operations team in periods of leave or as required by the hiring schedule.
- Sound standards of written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to use sound judgement to respond appropriately to any incidents that occur on site
- Ability to prioritise and complete work to agreed timeframes and standards individually or as a team member in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to complete administrative tasks to comply with guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use standard computer applications, including databases, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications.
It is an exciting time to be part of RACQ as we continue our transformation towards better, smarter solutions that deliver more security and prosperity for Queenslanders. We are big enough to make a real difference in our community, yet small enough to nurture your professional and personal development.
We are committed to ensuring that every employee has access to flexibility in their role. We encourage all candidates to discuss what flexibility means to you and how we can help you find your balance.
At RACQ we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to create better outcomes for our employees and our members. We are particularly focused on building our cultural, gender, disability, and LGBTI inclusivity. Candidates from these and other diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please Note ; you may be required to complete video interviews, psychometric testing, a medical and/or criminal history check as part of the application process.
RACQ is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or visit www.racq.com.au/about/careers/our-recruitment-process