At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Expressions of interest are sought for roles primarily working within BHP Innovation. The roles will be accountable for assessing and/or leading programs of work aligned to our strategy and driving innovation within BHP.
As a key member of the Innovation & Ventures resources pool you may be assigned to other projects which relate to broader PS&D activities, directed at framing analysis, evaluating strategic options and informing recommendations for critical business decisions. Applications are welcome for a range of international locations.
BHP Innovation will provide optionality, expertise, and draw on synthesis and divergent thinking to solve company wide problems.
- Working with internal teams across Assets and Functions to generate ideas and progress opportunities that would further drive BHP’s most important strategic priorities;
- Establishing deep, external sourcing networks to determine applicable innovation topics and drive a BHP Innovation and Ventures ecosystem.
- Developing innovative topics with a view to generate strategic value for BHP and achieve solid financial returns and quickly assessing and filtering those opportunities.
- Engaging with diverse internal and external disciplines, and technical capability to distil meaningful information from complex topics.
- Sharing insights on technology trends and market analysis across BHP to better inform our decision-making;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Selecting, engaging and managing advisory relationships
We are looking for creative and passionate people who are highly communicative and have technical capability.
The ideal candidate is interested in a variety of topics, industries, and enjoys thinking, testing, finding links, and synthesizing information.
- Your technical knowledge allows you to challenge external and internal thinking, design experiments, and analyse results to drive agile and focused teams forward.
- You are quick to grasp technical concepts and align to strategies or big picture.
- You have experience managing stakeholders, people, and teams.
- You have previously been accountable for investment decisions and have world class technical and commercial acumen.
- You have a strong ability to communicate complex ideas and within various levels of your organisation.
- You can easily translate data into meaningful information and use novel and creative ways to communicate.
- You are adaptable and highly strategic in the way you organise your time anticipating potential blockades and planning ahead for them.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with highly collaborative and open teams.
- You are self motivated and value driven
- You are comfortable with failure; fail fast and learn and adapt from those failures.
- You have a tolerance for ambiguity.
- You are results and action orientated and deliver what you say you will.
If this sounds like you, apply today.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.