At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Reporting to the Flashbutt Maintenance Supervisor, we are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Rail Maintenance Coordinator to join our team. Your duties will include guiding the Flashbutt Teams day to day activities to enable this team to safely execute work and manage risk. Together with attending and facilitating routine meetings such as pre starts, Safety & planning meeting and conducting Field Leadership commitments.
In this role your focus will be monitoring of planned site progress and Contractor resource capability by coaching, mentoring and performance managing team members.
Your previous experience building and maintaining team capability will ensure your success in this role.
Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia.
Flexible working options can be considered for this position - either FIFO or residential on an 8/6 roster. If you prefer FIFO, the outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
If you prefer the residential option, you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies. Port Hedland enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park.
- An Electrical or Mechanical trade qualification
- Experience leading a high performing team
- Heavy Vehicle / Earthmoving maintenance experience is desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of railway networks and maintenance
- Collaborative communication skills
- Sound knowledge of Flashbutt Maintenance works is preferred but not essential
- Experience using Fiori, 1SAP & event management is preferred but not essential
- People management skills with a range of audiences
- Computer literacy with Microsoft suite, 1SAP and planning systems
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Administration and prioritisation including time management capability;
- Sound judgement including balancing competing issues;
- Ability to identify and manage risks.
- Be able to pass a Category #1 Rail medical (Mandatory)
- Must hold a current C class open driver’s license, due to the driving associated in this role
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.