|Job Type:||Full Time|
Based in Williamstown and reporting to the Foreman, we are looking for an experienced Asphalt Crew Member . You will be responsible for ensuring that all duties are performed safely without risk to self or others. To be successful in this role you must always be customer-focused and be able to prioritise your workload with an emphasis on conducting yourself safely.
- Accept and carry out such accountabilities as are assigned to your position from time to time in accordance with the Boral HSEQ Management System
- Pre Start checks. Fully understand the way the mobile equipment used on the job site operates. Complete the Pre-start check and address any issues regarding safe operation prior to commencing use of the equipment
- Participate in Tool Box meeting and safety assessment of site prior to commencing works.
- General maintenance & housekeeping. Maintain the mobile plant in a clean, hygienic, and safe manner that will minimise any risk of injury.
What are we looking for?
- A strong commitment to safety and the environment along with a superior customer focus
- A current HR drivers’ license will be highly regarded
- Flexibility to work Monday to Sunday and on the night shift when required
- Experience in general maintenance or fitting will be highly regarded
- Relevant asphalt industry experience
Why join Boral?
- Opportunity to work in a busy, highly successful team with a long term career path
- Training with genuine career development opportunities
- Organisation that is dedicated to the health and safety of employees
- Discounted financial services and external partner discounts
- Boral Employee Assistance Program (BEAP)
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$4.4 billion worth of annualised sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete, and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard, and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA, and Asia