|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to work on exciting Aircraft Sustainment Program and progress your career in procurement field
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Procurement Officer in our team based in Williamtown, New South Wales
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will get an opportunity to work for our aircraft sustainment and training program and be responsible to establish, place and manage the appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver cost, schedule, and quality and safety requirement of the business. This also includes building effective relationship and managing performance of the suppliers to maximize value and minimize risk.
More specifically, you will
- Support the procurement elements of bids and tenders
- Support the supplier evaluation process and support sourcing recommendations, on behalf of the business
- Support to undertake supplier negotiations, where appropriate and finalise supplier agreements/quotations in accordance with set procedures
- Place and manage purchase orders in line with company policy and support the adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management.
- Support to manage the performance of suppliers to achieve the requirements of the contract from a schedule, cost and quality perspective, developing and embedding the relevant key performance indicators
- Proactively engage with key suppliers to enhance capability and efficiency and contribute to manage reports as required
- Support to generate and manage life cycle management and procurement and subcontract management plan
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in procurement and/or supply chain is essential
- Confident oral and written communicator coupled with an ability to build effective relationships with business representatives, customers and suppliers
- Good commercial acumen and results orientated, focusing on the key objectives and striving for effective outcomes
- Proficient user of ERP system such as Oracle, SAP or similar, Ms office package including word, excel and power point
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in procurement/supply chain or commercial with professional procurement qualification or a membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) discipline is desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.