|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
What will your typical day look like?
This critical role will work closely with the Employment Special Counsel to provide legal advice to the firm on employment related matters, Deloitte policies, the Fair Work Act, National Employment Standards and the Australian modern award framework. You will advise on the management of employment disputes and litigation, including actions in the Fair Work Commission as well as other areas of employment law, including international remote working, virtual mobility and interfirm agreements with other Deloitte firms. Further, you will work with key stakeholders including the Employment Relations / WHS Director, Talent and Global Mobility teams, Firm Tax and Partner Services on various matters within the employment portfolio to become a specialist and trusted adviser.
About the team
The Deloitte Office of the General Counsel is our in-house legal team and is responsible for advising Deloitte on its Commercial, Corporate, Business Relationships, Litigation and Employment portfolios.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You are someone with:
- 5 years PQE in employment law gained within a top tier law firm or a leading professional services firm
- Strong drafting, advisory, dispute resolution and strategy skills
- Solid experience working on contentious employment related matters, specifically being instructed by defendants in matters in the Fair Work Commission, court or tribunals would be viewed favourably
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to handle a high-volume workload of multiple matters with various stakeholders
- A "can do" attitude and a curious and enthusiastic approach to your work
- Ability to adapt to a business which is growing and has changing services/offerings
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a broader team
- Ability to consult and seek guidance/direction as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia's borders. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we're at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.