|Location:||Kalgoorlie - Boulder|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
Our collaborative and safe work environment allows you to develop and expand your expertise in an industry that’s constantly evolving. We’re committed to equal opportunity and providing a flexible work life balance that empowers you to work smarter and supports your career growth.
Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
This is a full-time permanent position located in Kalgoorlie. The applicant must reside in this area. The role will require some overnight travel to outlying areas and travel to Perth for training / meetings.
About the Role:
This position is accountable for undertaking complex inspection, investigation, and auditing activities, through utilising extensive technical and electrical knowledge and skills, to ensure the safety of consumer installations connected to the network, in compliance with Western Power’s Inspection System Plan and regulatory obligations.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- Electrical Workers Licence
- Eligibility to be designated as an Inspector (Electrical)
- Certificate IV in Government Investigations (must be completed within 12 months of commencing position)
- Certificate of Energy Coordination Act 1994, Electricity Act 1945 (must be obtained within 12 months of commencing position)
- National Police Certificate.
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years demonstrated post-trade experience within the electrical industry, specifically in domestic and commercial work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to travel and work in rural areas
- Ability to attend Perth/metro area on occasion to meet business requirements, attend meetings etc
- Detailed working knowledge of AS3000 and West Australian Electrical requirements
- Excellent external stakeholder management skills and experience
- Experience in electrical metering and/or installation practices, regulations and procedures
- Competent in the utilisation of MS Office Suite and scheduling/work management systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write detailed reports
- Proficient in the use of smart phones, laptops and various ICT systems (all work must be completed electronically)
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close:22 April 2021