- Engineering – Inspection & Condition Assessment
- Permanent Opportunity
- Based in our Shenton Park office
About the role
We have a permanent opportunity for Technical Advisor - Corrosion to provide specialist corrosion technical services for the creation, enhancement and maintenance of major Water Corporation assets throughout the state and contribute to the Engineering Business Unit being the centre of expertise for practical, hands-on corrosion control engineering services. Based in our Shenton Park office, this role is reporting to the Team Leader – Asset Durability.
What the role will offer
- Provide support to Engineering Design teams to deliver regarding corrosion control aspects of designs to the business.
- Review designs and tender documents for minor, major and complex projects and provide comments in terms of coatings, cathodic protection, material selection and other aspects pertaining to the durability of assets.
- Provide advice and guidance on construction and installation of cathodic protection systems and undertake testing & commissioning of cathodic protection systems.
- Provide advice and guidance on coating of assets and undertake testing coating on assets.
- Provide Operations staff with assistance in the analysis of minor or major faults/failures/sub-optimal performance relating to corrosion
- Undertake asset inspections of water corporation assets
- Write Asset Condition Assessment Reports
Key skills and experience
- Recognised Trade Certificate or appropriate tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Substantial experience in corrosion control related to the water industry and its assets
- Substantial experience in the investigation and rectification of corrosion related failures
- Relevant experience in the testing and commissioning of cathodic protection and coating systems
- NACE CIP Level 1 or equivalent
- Driver’s Licence Class “C”
If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best outlines your relevant experience and demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role. Applications close on Sunday, 25th April 2021
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website