|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Facilities Services and Utilities business provides services across the three waters, power, gas, telecommunications, facilities management, automation, cleaning, hospitality, and laundries sectors. We provide our industry-leading services nationally to Downer and Spotless NZ customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join our team!
This is a challenging role offering a wide variety of responsibilities to ensure that the finance functions are carried out to a consistently high standard and that we are exceeding the needs of our internal and external customers. General duties include;
- Using Downer Business Systems to provide daily, weekly, and monthly contract financial reporting and analysis with the assistance of the Head of Finance.
- Support the Head of Finance with the build-up and management of both Target Cost Estimate.
- Provide data that is validated and complete to ensure accurate reporting
- Prepare information to assist the Business Support Team Lead with the KRA & KPI data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Assist with administration functions where required
Your pleasant and friendly demeanour, highly organised approach, and excellent attention to detail will ensure you are successful in this role. Your positive, can-do attitude and ability to learn new tasks will see you thrive.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills & experience:
- Proven financial management (essential) working toward an applicable qualification preferred
- People-focused with great communication, relationship building and leadership skills
- Claim preparation experience with strong numerical and analysis skills
- Experience with accurate data entry and administration support with high levels of attention to detail
- The ability to show initiative and be innovative in your work approach is essential as is common sense and a sense of humour
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 579994 to apply.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.