At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on an 7/7 roster pattern roster arrangement with FIFO, DIDO or residential options available
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Production Underground, as a Mining Production Supervisor your main accountability will be to manage a team to safely deliver at their optimal performance. You will also:
- Manage a diverse team of operators in a production environment
- Work within a team environment to meet budgeted shift targets
- Provide expertise and report events and hazards in a timely and accurate manner
Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, supporting, developing and coaching your team.
- Undertake performance and development reviews incorporating a documented 1 on 1 interview quarterly in line with BHP people systems.
- Identify, build and develop team capability through ongoing and regular coaching, development and documented succession planning.
You will have a desire to shape culture, lead a team and improve business processes. Your background in either a similar type of position or environment will see you well placed with the required capability to step into this opportunity. Your ability to communicate is of the upmost importance as well as your relationships skills. It is essential that you demonstrate impeccable safety behaviours and being safety focused is part of your everyday. Your other skills and experience should include:
- Previous supervisory experience, in a similar role is desirable
- Solid background in an Underground mining environment.
- Broad understanding of the mining and processing industry
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others in HSEC principles and behaviours
- Ability to operate at multiple levels and across disciplines.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.