At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
- Provides technical expertise in the strategy of, and advisory on, employee and industrial related matters to the business.
- To identify and plan for the establishment and maintenance of strategic / key working relationships with senior stakeholders.
- To coach team members and equip them with a clear understanding of their roles in the continuous improvement, initiatives and case management.
- To direct and influence team members by providing a clear vision, context and objectives to solve problems and deliver improvement outcomes.
- To act as key decision maker around complex case management and Employee Relations litigation.
- To ensure that escalations, complex ER case management and other requests to and from the line are being managed and addressed appropriately and timely by the Employee Relations Case Management team.
- To ensure that opportunities for improved process, culture and line leader capability are being proactively identified and communicated.
- To manage and coordinate case management and litigation of complex ER matters in consultation with ER Legal.
- To support and lead collaboration with functional teams and initiative.
Skills and Other Qualifications
- 7 – 10 years relevant experience in Employee / Labour Relations
- Strong understanding of ER/Labour Relations tools, processes and systems required
- Experience in project management and roadmap delivery
- Experience in working in a global / matrix model environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Senior stakeholder engagement / relationship management skills
- Strong influencing skills with senior leaders
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- Strong continuous improvements skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excels at diagnosis, problem solving, partnering and achieving outcomes
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Litigation experience
- Exposure and working with third parties
- A tertiary degree in Human Resources / employee relations, or equivalent relevant experience
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.