We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users, our customers, throughout Australia. As a company that operates coal-fired power stations, it is Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.
While providing reliable and affordable energy for today, we are also exploring new generation and storage technologies that will help reduce emissions for tomorrow.
We recognise that a diverse, inclusive and safe business is essential to our culture and how we operate. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the Position
This is the perfect opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering student currently studying in their second year or later. This placement will allow you to put your university studies into practice, while working under the guidance of qualified and highly experienced engineers and subject matter experts. You will further your engineering studies through the practical application of knowledge in the workplace and assist with the delivery of a range of valuable onsite activities including:
- Providing hands on assistance with mechanical project work
- Assisting plant engineers during major outages; allowing you to observe and learn about parts of the plant that are normally running
- Contributing to plant or process investigations
- Promoting a safe work environment by conducting on the job risk assessments
- Updating documentation and procedures
Located at the Stanwell Power Station in Rockhampton, this is an 8-month opportunity commencing in July, with a 4 day working schedule from Tuesday to Friday.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Mechanical Engineering student who is motivated to learn as much as they can during their time at Stanwell. To be a contributing member of the team, you will need:
- A passion for ongoing learning and development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of initiative to promote our values in everything you do
- A personable attitude with a desire to build relationships across our diverse workforce
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Applications Close: 5.00pm, 22 April 2021.
All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and or drug & alcohol screen.
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com