|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Industry leading organisation
- High energy team environment
- North Ryde with on site parking
Looking for a new challenge which will see you connecting the puzzle pieces and working with internal teams and customers? Boral has an opportunity for an Allocator in our North Ryde office.
As our Allocator, you will coordinate the dispatching, utilisation and timely delivery of Boral's trucks, review next day orders and plan connecting legs of raw materials in between deliveries while communicating with customers ensuring efficient allocations and when necessary, recommend alternative times and manage re-allocation of deliveries.
Working within a high energy team environment, this position will best suit an Allocator who has their finger on the pulse and who possesses the ability to think on their feet and plan ahead.
Hours for this position are 10am-6pm weekly with a rotating Saturday shift shared between the team.
Key duties include
- Receive orders and ensure timely delivery
- Daily administration - order processing, data entry
- Work with team members & Production to maximise service and flag need for additional resources
- Negotiate where and when trucks or work can be transferred
- Ensure Drivers are kept up to date on job requirements and daily schedule
- Keep production informed of any issues which may affect performance
- Notify stakeholders of deviations to schedule or late delivery
- Comply with driver Fatigue management, statutory requirements and company health & safety
- Resolve complaints or issues in an effective manner
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience in transport scheduling or dispatch
- Ability to interact with customers and provide quality outcomes
- Computer savvy (training provided on Boral systems)
- Ability to work independently
- Well-developed problem solving and prioritisation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable heavy vehicle legislation and understanding of construction materials, applications and products
At Boral, we value your abilities and reward results that drive business success. We share goals and celebrate individual and team success and provide a working environment that is safe, supportive and dynamic with a clear focus on continually encouraging and developing its people.
Are you driven to provide positive customer experience and coordinate efficient outcomes? Boral welcomes your application, press APPLY or visit http://careers.boral.com.au