|Job Type:||Part Time|
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to make a positive difference
- Innovative and highly engaged culture
- Based in our Gepps Cross office with excellent facilities and employee benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant to join our Finance Shared Services function. This is a part-time role and an initial 3 month fixed term contract with view to extension.
In this role, you will review, investigate and provide insights on Business Unit Employee Entitlements and Insurance areas and associated balance sheet accounts. This includes monitoring relevant cost lines attributing to Employee costs (Cost of Doing Business - CODB), preparing balance sheet reconciliations, managing Business Unit queries, as well as supporting the wider CODB team in driving continuous improvements across all aspects of the team's performance. Responsibilities in this role include:
- Supporting timely and insightful reporting of the CODB result and balance sheet to business unit finance teams
- Perform, review and investigate CODB results and selected balance sheet accounts
- Ensure reconciliations are prepared effectively and provide a clear description of outstanding items, have appropriate supporting documentation, provide a conclusion and an action plan for clearance
- Ensure financial controls are in place and reviewed to comply with accounting policies, standards
- Play an active role in our Corporate Governance Program including testing key controls and reporting on deficiencies
- Resolve business partner queries in an professional and timely manner
- Drive initiatives and strategies for continual improvement of processes
- Perform User Acceptance Testing for any changes to the System Environment
You will have a finance related degree with a CA or CPA qualification and at least 3 years experience in a similar role, ideally from a retail/large corporate environment or Big 4. Experience with SAP HCM or ECC is highly desirable. You will also have the following:
- Strong experience using financial systems in a commercial environment e.g. Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, macros), Powerpoint, SAP, SAP BW, BPC
- Able to communicate complex financial information to a broad audience; able to make the complex simple
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to synthesise large amounts of data from a variety of sources
- Strong presentation and storyboarding skills
You’re an energetic and reliable individual with an enquiring mind and excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills.You’re someone who is passionate about adding value and taking the initiative to offer ideas and support where the team and business can benefit. You have a passion for the finance industry and pride yourself for your communication and interpersonal skills.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.