|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Unique opportunity to become the system architecture lead for the project
- An unrestricted passion to develop our people and the flexibility and mobility to experience adjacent programs
Apply your talent where it counts as a System Architecture Lead for our team at Edinburgh Parks, SA. This role also embraces the opportunity to work flexibly.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Our team within the Jindalee over the Horizon Radar Network (JORN) is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to become the system architecture lead for the project (with an abundance of support & guidance where needed) or already have significant experience in a technical leadership role but would like to take your career to the next level.
We will provide the opportunity to work and learn in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment using a suite of tools including DOORS, Cameo and Atlassian. You will have access to our group of SMEs, but the architecture lead should be someone who can listen with their own strength of conviction.
This opportunity will see you:
- Leading the capture and management of the concept and architecture of the system, embodied in its components (which includes people, process, hardware, software), the relationships and interfaces between these components (including relationships to the external environment), and the framework of principles, policies, standards, and guidelines, governing its design and evolution, to meet an Operational need in an ever changing environment
- Capture the Operational, Functional, Performance and Technical requirements of the system, in accordance with Defence Architectural modelling principles and best practice
- Acting as the ultimate author of system level design documentation, including interface designs
- Identifying and liaising with client stakeholders to determine their needs, motivations, and objectives of the desired system
- Ensuring that all designs satisfy end user needs, where those needs are consistent with the approved requirements
- Ensuring that all designs are achievable within the defined budgets
- Ensuring that the elements of the design properly interface with all other elements of the design, equipment and operators within its environment
- Apply Model Based Systems Engineering processes, tools and techniques in performing and guiding System Engineering activities
This is a fantastic opportunity with a defined pathway to an engineering leadership role. As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or already hold an Australian Defence Clearance (Essential)
- Experience in an ASDEFCON program would be advantageous
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within a Systems, Electronics, Software, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Demonstrated Systems Engineering Experience coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- A passion for system architecture
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Experience within JORN/OTHR or HF/radar type projects [Desirable but not essential]
- Experience with project planning including but not limited to activity, schedule and resource planning [Desirable but not essential]
- Experience with earned value and progress reporting [Desirable but not essential]
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant
Applications should be addressed to:Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Greig.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol