|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
- Mentoring programs - receive support and coaching to progress your career
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- Technology discounts - from Apple, HP, Lenovo, Windows… the list goes on!
Great opportunity for a self-driven individual with exceptional communication (oral and written) skills to step into Deloitte consulting. Working with a fast-paced customer facing support team managing enterprise grade systems to accelerate your career growth in Service Delivery.
You will be a critical point of contact to customers, expected to offer prompt and timely responses, and work with developers to implement enhancements. You are expected to prioritise queries, help resolve incidents, escalate issues to Level 2 & 3 teams and support project implementation teams.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Service Desk Consultant within our team, you will be responsible to handle and monitor incidents, maintain relationship with customers and Deloitte teams.
- Operational Oracle Service Desk support services to external customers and internal teams
- Incident logging, tracking to resolution and escalations where required
- Performs categorisation and analysis of issues to recommend improvements for implementation
- Works with Customers to understand underlying issues as incidents are raised
- Liaise with internal and external vendor service desk teams for issue resolution and technical solution implementations
- Determination and interest to learn and become proficient with Oracle technologies, and attain Oracle certifications, with time
- Remain up to date with security industry standards and best practices
- Consistently review and analyse accuracy and quality of own deliverables
- Maintains clear communication channels with internal and external team members on work status
- Implement automated system/service monitoring and health checks (as required)
- Maintain inventory updates on both production and non-production systems (as required)
- Perform functional and technical testing of systems (as required)
- Work in rostered shifts (as required)
About the team
Our Talented Oracle Consultants are passionate about transforming our deep expertise in Oracle Cloud into innovate business solutions for clients. We take pride in growing our position as a tier 1 global practice and find fulfillment in watching our work succeed from the start to finish of our projects.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You are someone with:
Customer service focus (support/service desk) with clear and articulate communication skills (oral & written) are required for this job. A professional phone and email etiquette is essential. Although having a knowledge of Oracle technologies is not mandatory, we expect the candidate to have a technical mindset, learn and become proficient with Oracle technologies, with time.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in a Support/Service Desk environment working with ITSM tools
- Can demonstrate excellent customer service & people skills
- Can demonstrate ability to manage tasks efficiently within a team environment
- Knowledge and experience of the ITIL framework is highly desirable
- Knowledge of on-premise and cloud-based architecture is highly desirable
- Understanding of system integration technologies (i.e. web services, queue methods)
- Technical experience of the following is highly desirable:
- Exposure/awareness of Oracle products (i.e. ERP, EAM, OIM, OEM)
- SQL or PL/SQL, or Python (optional)
- Linux/Unix administration skills
- Networking concepts and technologies
- Virtualisation technologies (i.e., VMware), Oracle database and infrastructure technologies (i.e. OCI)
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field or equivalent industry experience is desirable
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia's borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We're committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we're leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress - check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you have any questions or wish to have a private conversation about this role, contact Flavia Gentile from the Talent Acquisition team. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we're at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.