|Job Type:||Full Time|
A fantastic opportunity is available for an experienced Junior Accountant to join our operations within our Asset Services Business Unit based in the Perth CBD.
The successful candidate will join a well-developed, highly interactive team to manage the company systems, procedures and controls to enable accurate, timely and reliable accounting decisions. Initiative and commitment to driving continuous improvement will be highly regarded by your colleagues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including preparation of journals, review of results and variance analysis against budget/ forecast / prior years and Group reporting requirements;
- Produce and review fortnightly reporting packs for key stakeholders
- Preparation of annual budget and periodical forecast workings
- Other Balance Sheet reviews and reconciliation of accounts at month end as required;
- Other project work or assignments as required; and
- Drive continuous improvement and identify opportunities for automation and standardisation.
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce (Accounting and Finance) essential;
- Project accounting experience in the Mineral and Resource industry preferred;
- knowledge and ability to control and maintain month end processing;
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Strong reporting skills with a high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel);
- Previous experience with JDEGS (JD Edwards) advantageous;
- Curious mindset with desire to unpack problems to drive continuous improvement;
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Strong interpersonal and engagement skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation;
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and deliver results whilst working autonomously; and
- A positive, proactive, solutions focussed approach.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation with the safety of our people and the environment at the forefront of all that we do;
- Competitive remuneration; and
- Opportunity to build a professional career in a multi-disciplined business.
Downer is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where they encourage females and indigenous people to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY button.
Please email Belinda.Rowan@downergroup.com for further information. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY REFERRALS.