At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Mooka Ore Car Repair Shop is the world’s first semi-automated rail car maintenance facility. It is located approximately 33 kilometres south of Port Hedland in the Pilbara region in Western Australia.
In this role, you will provide engineering support for the operation, maintenance, development, governance and troubleshooting for the Rolling Stock Maintenance (RSM) Fixed Plant Control Systems. Reporting to the Lead Control Systems Engineer, your key accountabilities will include:
- Control System Continuous Improvements, limited to the following scope:
- Elimination of control system defects/bugs;
- Identification, implementation, testing and commissioning of small to medium-sized system improvements;
- Provide input and overall design direction for all control system improvements and enhancements.
- Control System Maintenance:
- Breakdown response including control system troubleshooting and recovery;
- Planned control system maintenance.
- Actively participate in Change Management and Release Management processes.
- Actively participate in regular audits and other governance activities to ensure integrity of the Control System.
- Engaging external contractors as part of control system maintenance and development.
- Executes 1SAP Work Management and Service Management operational processes to drive consistent service delivery for the entire scope of accountabilities.
- Provide after-hours support (rostered)
To be successful in this role, you are likely to have a tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or other equivalent disciplines, or relevant experience in a similar role. You are experienced in the configuration and management of PLCs and SCADA, ideally Siemens Simatic S7 PLCs.
As the preferred candidate, you will be highly organised and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (including root-cause analysis) with the ability to prioritise effectively in a high-pressure environment. You will be an excellent team player who can also work in a stand-alone capacity. Your oral and written communication skills will be well developed, and you will be able to work collaboratively, lead change and build relationships at all levels.
At Mooka OCRS, you will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of technologies, and while the following are not essential, experience in any of the below will be well regarded:
- WinCC SCADA including scripting languages (e.g. VBS, ANSI-C, VBA)
- Siemens Sinumerik NCs
- Basic understanding of machine componentry and subsystems including hydraulics, pneumatics, ultrasonics and precision machine design
- Functional Safety
- Development of Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Software Development using the Microsoft .NET Framework
You will be based at Port Hedland on a fly-in fly-out 8:6 roster. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 35074
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.