|Job Type:||Full Time|
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Possibility of Extension:N/A
$1,918.00 - $2,325.50 per fortnight
Readiness & Response Services
QLD FIRE & EMER
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
To provide efficient and effective administrative services to support business operations.
- It is expected that the incumbent may participate in an out-of-hours on-call roster during emergency operations. This may require work outside of normal hours (e.g. night shift), including weekends, working extended hours and may include Intrastate deployment.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Provide high standard word processing and administrative support services in accordance with the departmental style guide and records management policies.
- Assist in preparation of minutes, correspondence, reports, presentations and other materials as applicable to the work area.
- Answer telephone and in-person queries from staff and/or volunteers and members of the public including receipting of goods.
- Arrange travel, functions and meetings and provide assistance as required.
- Process various administrative and financial documentation necessary for maintenance of departmental records, databases, equipment records/orders and other related matters.
- Undertake general office duties, sorting and distribution of incoming mail, filing, faxing photocopying, diary control and the maintenance of office supplies and asset records.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of administrative and office procedures and systems to ensure the provision of quality administrative support services to the work area.
- Undertake tasks, as required, to support unit objectives.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Leads strategically
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Leads change in complex environments
- Makes insightful decisions
- Develops and mobilises talent
- Builds enduring relationships
- Inspires others
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Pursues continuous growth
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Carla Adams, Emergency Management Coordinator on phone 4967 4364 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Expression of Interest Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.
To apply for this role, please provide your resume or CV and a one A4 page summary telling us what you will bring to this role in the context of 'Your Key Accountabilities' contained within the role description.