|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience in defence projects. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the key focus of your role will be to optimise margin whilst protecting the project and business from commercial risks.
- Prepare, issue, adjudicate, recommend & award subcontract and supply agreements with detailed input from engineering & construction team.
- Receive and process subcontract interim payment claims & final accounts in accordance with relevant Security of Payment legislation.
- Preparation and agreement of contractual entitlements.
- Review of contractual obligations.
- Updating contract registers
- Finalising claims
- Monitoring compliance of contract requirements
- Preparation and submission of interim progress claims whilst ensuring their timely payment.
You will have
- Strong safety focus with a commitment to zero harm.
- Tertiary qualifications in Quantity Surveying or Engineering.
- Experience working in similar roles for Construction Contracting companies in Australia.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of procurement, contract management, program financial management, risk and opportunity management, performance reporting, budget preparation and administration.
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial management and legal and governance requirements of major infrastructure projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of Risk & Opportunity management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- A high level of technical and negotiation skills.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.