|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Are you a Registered Nurse with experience in clinical trial admin?
- Use your skills to provide innovative nursing support for research studies
- Join CSIRO Health and Biosecurity and make a difference!
CSIRO Health and Biosecurity is seeking an experienced Clinical Research Nurse to provide nursing, administrative and research support to the Nutrition & Health Research Clinic. In this diverse role, you will ensure the smooth running and successful conduct of clinical trials and other human research activities.
You will provide nursing support for research studies in adults and children, including safety monitoring of clinical trial participants, phlebotomy, cannulation and general health assessments, as well as administrative and operational support. You will also contribute to identifying, and driving the establishment of, cutting edge and innovative physiological collection and assessment technologies and processes for clinical trials and research.
To be successful, you will need appropriate Registered Nurse professional registration, as well as demonstrated clinical trial administration experience. As you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced Research Clinic, your strong interpersonal and effective communication skills will be critical to your success in this role.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking clinical research requirements, including safety monitoring of clinical trial participants, the collection of biological specimens and physiological assessments, in accordance to the specificities of the individual clinical research study protocol.
- Ensuring the clinic team is trained and performing to state of the art, innovative and efficient processes for biological sample collections and physiological assessments related to clinical trials
- Electronic clinical trial data entry following the ALCOAC principles for the collection of source data
- Communicating effectively with trial participants to ensure trial-related procedures are booked appropriately and compliance to the study protocol is maintained, while ensuring that trial participant safety and care is paramount at all times
- Ensuring all required clinical facilities, instruments and consumables are maintained, and booked, ordered and available for patient appointments.
Location: Adelaide (SAHMRI) SA
Salary: AU$83k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A Registered Nursing qualification with appropriate current registration with the national governing body (AHPRA).
- Strong skills and recent experience in biological specimen collection for clinical research, including phlebotomy and intravenous cannulation qualifications.
- An understanding of clinical trials methodology, including good clinical practice guidelines, NHMRC human research ethics and the role of regulatory bodies.
- Experience in electronic clinical trial database entry and management.
- The ability & willingness to contribute and build upon novel ideas and approaches in support of clinical research investigations.
- Excellent administrative skills with strong computer literacy, including experience with Excel spreadsheets, Word and Outlook.
- The ability to effectively and efficiently manage a number of competing priorities simultaneously.
- Good oral and written communication skills and a history of working effectively as a part of a fast-paced clinical research unit.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
2nd May 2021, 11:00 pm AEST
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.