|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest independent employee-owned companies in the world. It is a multi-sector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions.
Our Melbourne team is seeking an experienced Senior or Principal engineer for our Geotechnical team who wants to take the next step with a growing consultancy, using their skills to help shape the communities in which we live and develop our future engineers.
As a senior member of the growing Geotechnical Group in Melbourne, you will be an integral part of our team as we deliver major projects and develop our junior staff to become the industry leading engineers of the future. You will have the chance to develop your network across Australia and New Zealand as you provide support across our integrated sectors of Transport, Built Environment, Water, Energy and Advisory. With great all-round communication and presentation skills, you will also attend client meetings and have the opportunity to manage the client interface on significant projects if you desire.
About the role:
* Work with external and internal clients as a senior member of the geotechnical team.
* Assist in training our junior team members through a combination of "on the job" training and internal presentations.
* Provide robust advice to our internal professionals in other fields.
* Work towards taking on lead roles on major projects as a technical or discipline lead.
* Scope and price geotechnical aspects of projects.
* Perform design roles in tender designs for major projects
* Provide advice to our contractor partners during construction.
* Guide the preparation of reports and specifications and review said reports for technical accuracy.
* Develop connections and relationships with internal and external clients
You will have the chance to take senior roles on some of our current major projects including Western Program Alliance and Victorian Rail Infrastructure Project as well as contributing to tender designs for some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia.
Support internal clients:
* Buildings group
* Water group
* Energy group
Support wider Geotechnical practice:
* Support our interstate colleagues working on major projects and tenders in Sydney and Brisbane.
* Degree Qualified Geotechnical Engineer or Geologist.
* Minimum 10 years industry experience in geotechnical design, including experience in soil/structure interaction
* Thorough understanding of in ground characterisation.
* Experience in design and construction projects.
* Willingness to commit to ongoing development of professional skills.
* Experience in working with and directing junior staff members
Preferable but not essential
* Post Graduate degree or specialist expertise highly regarded
* Chartered Professional Engineer
* Experience in project management or design management
* Willingness to travel interstate for short term assignments
This is a great opportunity to grow your skills while working with the best in the business.
In turn you'll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. You will build connections with our local and international experts and bring this knowledge to our clients and to their projects. We adopt a pioneering mindset to meet our challenges head on.
There's no time like the present to make a change