South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
This role will be offered on a permanent full-time basis from our head office in the heart of the Perth CBD.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Manager Technical Stewardship, the purpose of the role is being responsible for global leadership of South32’s Exploration Results, Mineral/Coal Resource and Ore/Coal Reserve reporting. The role is accountable for public reporting of South32 Exploration result, Mineral/Coal Resources and Ore/Coal Reserves in accordance with the Australian Securities Exchange and associated regulatory requirements. The role supports providing assurance to the Board and relevant Committees that Public reporting of resource and reserve are as per the relevant requirements to validate any material impact on the company value.
- Provide leadership to new projects in resource and reserve estimation and reporting
- Planning and coordination of activities associated with Exploration results, Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve reporting across the company’s portfolio of operations, investments and projects
- Maintain and manage records for each operation in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Plan, implement and execute 2nd line stewardship and assurance processes to verify and validate risks, controls and management activities to support disclosures in a “Three lines of defence” assurance model.
- Implement and execute processes to train professionals and management involved in the disclosure of resources & reserves on regulatory framework.
- Engage and foster close working relationships with the Greenfield Project Managers, Vice Presidents, Corporate Development team and other key stakeholders across South32 to understand the business drivers and drivers that may impact resource and reserve Stewardship
- Maintain a strong understanding of the trends in resource and reserve reporting and changes in Stock/Securities Exchange requirements across the globe and advise the Board/Sustainability Committee on such requirements.
- Degree in geoscience, mining engineering or equivalent
- Post-graduate qualifications
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese an advantage
- More than 15 years’ experience in various operational and technical and leadership roles including experience with mine operations, public reporting and technical management
- Practical experience and knowledge in resource estimation, mine planning and valuation across a range of commodities and mining operations as well as geographies across the globe.
- Practical experience with the application of public reporting codes, Australian Securities Exchange regulations
- Expertise in mine value optimization, having accounted for geology, process and other non-mining factors.
- A demonstrated ability for the attention to detail, problem solving skills, objective & critical thinking
- Competitive salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Applications close on Wednesday the 21st April.