|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
Your new team
Our Investments group values its people and capability above all. Having made the decision to internalise a significant proportion of our investment activity, we have carefully established a team of talented and highly capable funds management professionals, united in their purpose to improve retirement outcomes for AustralianSuper members.
The Investment group's key activities include Asset Allocation & Research, and Total Portfolio Management, as well as asset classes that include Fixed Income & Currency, Capital Markets, Equities and Mid Risk Portfolios.
The Asset Allocation team has the responsibility for the development of the fund's broad Investment Strategy by recommending the active positioning of our various investment options for our members.
Our environment enables you to seize exciting career opportunities, to feel trusted and respected, and to lead a fulfilling life with true workplace flexibility. At AustralianSuper, every role can flex and we welcome a conversation to understand what flexibility means to you.
The role will report to the Portfolio Manager, Macro Strategy.
Your new role
As Senior Analyst, Macro Strategy you are responsible for leading to evolve and develop the team's processes for asset allocation and equity mix investment strategies.
Some of your responsibilities are:
- Perform quantitative and qualitative investment analysis to predict asset prices to inform the Fund's asset allocation (Portfolio Mix) and equity mix investment portfolios. Coverage is across equities (beta, factors, sectors and regions), rates, FX, commodities and unlisted assets
- Develop and improve investment processes used to predict asset prices for asset allocation and equity mix portfolios including backtesting economic and market indicators
- Generate investment ideas and contribute to investment discussions to inform asset allocation and equity mix portfolio positioning
What you'll need
- Demonstrated strong understanding of investment markets with experience in data collection and analysis in an investment strategy context
- Experience of presenting asset class views, both on paper and verbally, to colleagues
- Experience with statistical modelling software (i.e. R, Python, Eviews or Matlab) and advanced use of MS Office particularly Excel
- Ability to lead high-profile technically complex long-term projects
- Ability to work with and influence key stake holders across the investment department.
What you'll get in return
You will be working with a manager who values and supports your personal growth, in a growing, dynamic and authentic organisation that promotes integrity and puts members first. Other benefits include a competitive salary, genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements.
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
We are proud to be a WGEA certified Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (8 years running) and to be recognised as one of Australia's top 10 workplaces for Dads.
Please apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be You
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.