|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer is a significant player in the telecommunications industry within New Zealand. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers. We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Service Technicians to join us in Wellington where you will be able to help cover the Wellington Area. In this role, you will be responsible for installing, jointing, repairing and testing both copper and fibre cables, but predominantly you will be working on the Chorus core fibre network and its associated equipment for Downer NZ's clients.
Reporting to the Field Manager, you will also be responsible for daily planning, organising materials, updating records and carrying out maintenance, jointing and installation of cable. You will be building positive relationships with internal customers and clients and you will show commitment to quality work practices and ongoing quality assurance. You must be committed to actively following our Health and Safety protocols.
The successful applications must have
- Experience primarily in all aspects of working with copper and fibre cable.
- Experience in building and fault finding on the Chorus Core Fibre Network, splicing, OTDR testing, MOFDF work and working on all Chorus and Chorus client’s equipment including DWDM and ICAT etc.
- Minimum Level 3 NZQA Telecommunications or equivalent or similar experience in the industry
- To be able to use jointing and fault finding equipment
- Knowledgeable with reading and interpreting plans
- An energetic personality and enthusiastic approach to work
- Be prepared to be called out at times of need for fibre outages
- Sound computer skills for record keeping
- Be innovative and team focused and be able to generate solutions that produce results
- Must be a self-starter, work autonomously and work well in a team environment
- A verifiable championing of quality workmanship and a right first time attitude
- Strong health and safety focus
- The ability to travel to other areas to assist the business as required.
A role with us can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 579892 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.