At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Reporting to the Manager Finance Business Partnership, the Principal Finance Business Partnership – Petroleum Australia is based in Perth, Western Australia. As a senior level busines partner, the primary objective of the role is to partner with the Petroleum Australia business unit, focusing on value maximisation and delivering a high quality finance and business support service.
This role requires a commercial mindset and ability to work collaboratively to identify and progress value accretive opportunities and to provide strategic financial guidance to the business you support. Finance Business Partners create outcomes by building relationships, turning data into insights, challenging the status quo, and framing and influencing decisions to achieve positive outcomes.
Finance Business Partner’s must maintain an outcomes driven mindset and have a detailed understanding of the business and end to end process, engaging directly with the Operations, Projects, Commercial and other functional support teams, as well as representing BHP externally with Joint Venture partners.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate and instil an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
- Demonstrate commitment to the BHP Charter and Code of Business Conduct
- Develop a deep understanding of the Asset/s which you support, the industry we operate in and BHP’s business processes.
- Lead/Support business case development and investment evaluation on operational capital and continuous improvement projects.
- Identify value accretive opportunities via ad-hoc analysis and demonstrating your influencing capabilities, effectively communicate your hypotheses and recommendations to the senior leaders.
- Support the delivery of the Corporate Planning processes (Budgeting, Forecasting, Life of Asset plans), whilst working closely with your business customers to identify opportunities (to improve performance) and risks (requiring controls to either prevent or mitigate the occurrence).
- Work collaboratively across the business, including the broader finance teams; Accounting & Reporting, Tax, Treasury and the Portfolio Strategy & Development teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Joint Venture Agreements for the asset/s you support, including our rights and obligations within them to identify opportunities and ensure value protection.
- Be accountable for the delivery of finance support to the Joint Venture/s including; Work Plan & Budget preparation, information requests, finance audits and funding approvals.
- Assist with transitional activities associated with the Finance Roadmap: simplification, standardisation and automation.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes.
- Experience in a commercial or finance background with a proven track record in continuous improvement/transformation, commercial and financial business analysis.
- Commercial mindset, demonstrating strong analytical capabilities with an understanding of Joint Venture agreements, investment evaluation, key value drivers, capital allocation, and business planning processes.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to problem solve on complex issues, with the ability to work in an integrated team environment and work effectively under pressure.
- Uses models, systems and tools to ensure an optimal approach in delivering business requests that drives process efficiency and standardisation.
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate internally and externally.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline, including commerce/finance, accounting or engineering.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.