|Job Type:||Full Time|
Contracts Superintendent – Dawson Mine
Supply Chain is a key enabler to the delivery of value across our operations. As the global market place for mined commodities continues to be challenging and complex, it is imperative that Anglo American continues to evolve its capabilities in Global and Strategic Category and Contract Management.
To date the company has focused heavily on technical capability and on sourcing and tendering. Going forward it needs to build expertise in full Contract Management including strategic spend analysis, risk management, supplier innovation, senior stakeholder management and internal business change management. To be successful in this, the company needs to build its leadership capabilities in Global and Strategic Contract Management.
We are currently seeking an experienced Contracts Superintendent to join the team, based at our Dawson Mine in Moura, QLD.
You will support contract owners through all stages of the Contracting Process. An understanding of mining operations and a strong sense of business acumen will allow you to provide the relevant guidance and support to our Dawson operation.
Your relationship building abilities with multiple stakeholders, internal and external, will provide you with the platform to be successful in this role. Experience in the contract management discipline and the leading and motivating of teams is essential. Mining industry experience will be highly regarded.
Our vision is to create an environment that encourages collaboration and innovation while setting a precedence of excellence in everything we do.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Sourcing and Contracts Manager and Site Commercial Manager to improve and optimise contract management and administration, establish and maintain control procedures and measure and monitor supplier/contractor activity to reduce site contractor costs.
This position assists with the link between Contracts Team peers, Supply Managers and Specialists, Site internal customers and Contractors to manage and coordinate contractor performance; resolve performance issues and work with Site Operations to enhance overall contractor performance.
You will do this by, and not limited to:
- Providing commercial advice to internal stakeholders regarding forecast and actual costs of goods to be provided, or services or work to be performed by suppliers and/or contractors.
- Supporting Company Representatives and Site Delegates to understand their contractual, commercial and other responsibilities under executed contracts.
- Devising, implementing and reviewing key performance indicators for suppliers and contractors.
- Assisting in the coordination of contract performance meetings and appropriate reporting.
- Drafting contractual notices including breach and non-conformance letters when required.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications – Commerce, Business or Engineering (essential).
- Proven experience in post award contract management and administration.
- 5 years’ experience within the resource industry.
- Proficiency in Supply gained through extensive experience in the field with exposure to complex commercial practices and procedures.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence and achieve buy in from key stakeholders
- Strong team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- A high level of strategic thinking, planning and problem solving ability.
- Ability to embrace changing processes in a dynamic work environment.
- Results driven and assertive.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and people management skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- SAP systems experience (desirable).
This is a full time, permanent role on a Monday - Friday roster; suitable for residential or DIDO commuting.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
21 April 2021