|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Rollingstock Services (RSS) is committed to providing the highest quality of Rollingstock & Overhaul services for both the local Queensland and wider Australian markets. We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer on a contract basis.
About the role:
In your six-month tenure, you will work in a team environment to produce the engineering design solutions in accordance with the Scope of Works received by Downer and national standards within project timeframes. You will become a subject matter expert and work in collaboration with other departments within our organisation.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering ( registered with Engineers Australia)
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) or eligible for RPEQ status
- Electrical Design modifications and overhauls on Rollingstock
- Failure-reporting, fault finding and engineering change
- Validating safety and customer functionality requirements
- Convert functional concepts
- Producing electrical circuits, electromechanical layouts and wiring tables
- Establish and maintain positive customer, supplier and internal relationships
- Knowledge of quality assurance and investigations
- Strong emphasis on innovation and best practice
- Articulate complex concepts to all levels of the business
- An analytical approach to root cause, cost-benefit, safety and risk
Specific desired skills and experience:
- Rail, aerospace, defence or similar heavy industry environment
- Rollingstock interior design/ material selections
- Familiarity with Queensland Rail standards and work practice
Downer believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people enjoy working for us because we offer a challenging, diverse but rewarding work environment. Downer Group takes pride in being an employer of choice taking responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate and the environment.
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- Work on key rollingstock projects with an industry leader
- A workplace focused on Zero Harm, safety is at the core of everything we do
- Fulltime 6 month contract – Immediate start available
- Redeployment options available when contract finishes
- Competitive remuneration
- Milton Office, close to public transport
For further information please email Glenda.Chaffey@downergroup.com.
Please note applications will not be accepted via email , please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening