|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python.
- Experience leading projects across functions/organizations.
- Experience with program management for large/complex software projects that span multiple teams in geographically disparate locations.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively with multiple levels including executive leadership team, managers and junior staff.
- Ability to be comfortable and thrive amidst ambiguity. Demonstrated ability to take ownership, bring order into chaos, and collaborate well with others.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and proactive mindset.
About the job
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Google's services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems—have reliability, uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally SRE’s will keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
Google Cloud Storage (GCS) is Google's largest global storage system. It is the most reliable and cost effective external cloud storage solution, and the best unstructured data storage for internal customers.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead day-to-day project management supporting the GCS SRE programs and initiatives. Manage cross-functional programs across GCS teams by partnering with various groups and project managers across GCS team
- Promote project management best practices. Drive change management across users of new processes and systems
- Coordinate cross-team and cross-site dependencies. Interface with internal customers, partner teams, and stakeholders to plan, execute, unblock and prioritize project deliverables
- Build and maintain relationships to facilitate effective collaboration, information gathering, and strategic decision making
- Think creatively, make sound decisions, and find a path forward through challenges that may arise