|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
Contract Manager is a senior role within Optus Business with responsibility for optimising contractual and commercial performance of Optus’ largest customer contracts.
In this role, you will work with the Account Director and Customer Delivery Director to assist in complex, multi-party negotiations as a commercial / contract negotiator, gaining incremental business and resolving commercial disputes with favorable outcomes for Optus. You will manage one or more Tier 1 customer contracts (complex ICT, high change, challenging customer-facing accounts, typically Financial Services Industry or complex Federal Government as appropriate for account size and complexity). Apart from this, you will assist on major bids supporting the lead commercial / contract negotiator, legal and commercial team.
You will work independently (with specialist legal/commercial support) to ensure commercial, legal, risk and other governance aspects of each contract relationship are maintained. You are a subject matter expert and will use your experience in shaping and negotiating contract changes to complex legal agreements, commercial structures, and risk mitigation controls to drive successful business outcomes for Optus.
Due to the requirement to hold an Australian Government security clearance, the position holder must be an Australian Citizen.
- Sales support for new business opportunities and variations to scope for allocated customer(s) by negotiating head agreements, schedules, statement of works and supply agreements
- Provide expert advice to the account team to ensure that all facets of each engagement comply with relevant Optus policies and Quality systems.
- Ensuring that a robust post sales contract management relationship is created with the Customer and stakeholders to improve the Customer’s perception and expectation of service quality.
- Manage the development of, drafting, documentation and approvals of contracts, contract changes, and Statements of Works with Customer and Suppliers and all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide a single management point for escalation of customer contractual and contractual commercial issues, disputes and settlements with respect to contractual requirements.
- Interpret, implement and monitor contract obligations. Responsibly for tracking and monitoring contract changes, deliverables, risks, maintaining associated registers.
- Commercial risk management to ensure that (i) commercial/contract risks are identified & appropriately treated, and (ii) any residual exposure for OB is adequately treated in the approved business case and/or operational mitigations implemented.
- Review and sign-off of all major services agreements.
- Degree Level in business / law / accounting / engineering or equivalent business experience in similar role.
- Proven track record executing business transactions whilst protecting the interests of the company.
- Strong commercial, business and risk management acumen
- Significant experience in drafting contract head term clauses to completion with minimal need for legal support.
- 7 to 15 years’ experience in ICT, customer facing and outsourcing services that includes strategic business partnering with both customers and suppliers and managing complex negotiations and disputes.
- 3 years’ experience in commercial or business management role.
- Demonstrative experience of negotiating significant commercial savings or margin improvements.
- Significant experience shaping and negotiating complex legal agreements, and commercial structures.
- Able to critically review business plans, technical solutions.
- High level influencer, providing business/technical leadership and tactical advice, aligning account plans and activities with broader divisional unit plans.