|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate road, rail, bus and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
About the team
The Procurement Services team sits within Commercial, Performance and Strategy, a branch of the Infrastructure and Place division. Procurement Services consists of over 70 people and is responsible for the procurement of professional services and non-main construction contracts for some of the country's largest infrastructure projects.
Right now, we have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Senior Manager Procurement Optimisation. This is a permanent role which reports into the Director Procurement (Strategy and Advice). The role will be responsible for evaluating the current procurement strategy and making recommendations to optimise outcomes for Transport for NSW.
The role will involve but not limited to;
- Identify, develop, select and deploy data resources and contemporary analytical tools and methodologies which enable strategic reporting, analysis and predictive modelling to inform and support procurement/category management
- Collaborate with procurement and business partners in the development of evidence-based procurement strategies, policies and processes to meet their business needs and achieve quality and continuity of supply, procurement savings and improved business outcomes
- Responsible for the design and implementation of effective metrics and reports to continually monitor and assess the performance of individual procurement arrangements and the benefits realised for the total procurement function
- Work with the analytics team to continually improve the quality of analysis provided at all stages of the procurement process and integrate its use into procurement decision-making
- Manage branch contribution to business plans, budgets and risk management plans, control costs, review and improve business systems and processes, and report as required on activities, performance, trends, and issues.
Please click here to view a copy of the role description.
You are a collegiate senior procurement analyst who possesses excellent communication skills. Able to converse with all levels of management and influence stakeholders you will have a passion for improving procurement outcomes. Your background will not necessarily come from infrastructure or transport but you will need to be able to navigate large matrix based companies or organisations.
Salary and benefits
This is a Transport Senior Service (TSSM) role offering an attractive remuneration package.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW, please click here.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 18th April 2021
The way we work is evolving, and we want to enable our people to work in ways that work for them. We’re moving from predominantly office-based work to a more flexible approach that supports working from different locations, including regionally. If you’re interested in working from a location not listed in the job ad, please get in touch with the Talent Specialist to discuss what’s possible.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
For any enquiries, please email Jamie Hampson at JAMIE.HAMPSON@TRANSPORT.NSW.GOV.AU .
Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us