|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
Working within a high-performing and fast-paced Corporate Affairs team, the Media and Content Advisor will support Optus’ strategies with strong writing skills, the ability to connect with media stakeholders and a firm grasp of the digital landscape.
Your responsibilities will include media phone management, along with researching, curating and generating content for platforms, such as media releases, corporate blogs and LinkedIn profiles which showcase Optus’ customer-centric approach, technology and innovation.
In addition to demonstrated experience in a Communications or PR Role in a large corporate, supporting executives, capacity to develop a strong understanding of the Optus organisation quickly, its business objectives, its networks, products and services, together with the ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative team, will be required
- Advance Optus’ share of voice within digital and social channels
- Develop plans and calendars which provide growth of channels
- Support Corporate Affairs’ initiatives with written and visual content suited for digital and social
- Generate frequent, quality copy as suited for channel
- Build the influence and profile of and position key executives as thought leaders through quotes, posts, and blogs.
- Develop relationships across Optus business units to keep informed on activity, issues, and objectives, particularly with an eye for possible content
- Support the corporate affairs and internal communications team in all issues which affect the corporation.
- Understanding and management of key communications platforms, including social and websites
- At least 2-5 years experience working in Communications or PR in a large Corporate organisation
- An understanding of digital and social channels, including tone and styles across mediums.
- Ability to develop internal relationships and collaborative peer-to-peer relationships
- The ability to develop, implement and execute communications plans which achieve desired outcomes
- Strong copywriting and content development skills
- Working knowledge of design tools such as the Adobe Suite for the creation of visual
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timeframes and to be responsive to unanticipated events
- Ability to represent corporate affairs favourably when working with executives
- Solid understanding of the sector and broader business environment
- Strong focus on and ability to stay ahead on trends, current news, and products
- Ability to deal with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Work independently, quickly, and sometimes under pressure, and also work well in a team environment