|Job Type:||Full Time|
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive Remuneration
- Flexible work from the home and office
- Tight knit, supportive team and leader
- Variety of scope of works to be involved with
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
Based in the Fortitude Valley Head Office, there is an opportunity to join the Operational Systems team as a Level II Software Engineer. Within this role you will work within a team of 10 to develop and maintain mission-critical train control and SCADA software systems for the Central Queensland Coal Network. Your new leader has a transformational leadership style and will support and guide you where necessary whilst empowering you to input your own individual and creative ideas. The team is based in south east Queensland and the role will require some travel to sites in Central Queensland from time to time. Currently, half of your working week will be spent working from the office for multiple collaboration sessions and the remainder will be worked flexibly from home.
About the role:
- Organise, plan and prepare the technical aspects of engineering projects for the enterprise including the design and preparation of user requirement specifications, design specifications, safety in design requirements for new and existing systems.
- Develop and coordinate technical aspects and strategies for new technology and techniques applicable to engineering systems.
- Develop and review software code as per the Operational Systems’ Quality Management System.
- Design, checking and auditing of engineering systems by peers and or external providers.
- Organise and prepare the associated documentation, installation procedures, verification and validation, testing and commissioning, asset handover, type approval, maintenance procedures for software engineering systems for the enterprise.
- Ensure that engineering systems produced conform to the enterprise standards based on industry best practice.
- Proactively collaborate with your direct team and broader engineering groups to deliver on projects.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software/Electrical or equivalent)(mandatory).
- 5+ years' Software Engineering experience with C++/C#, .NET programming. Experience with SQL, Modula-2/Delphi is highly desirable.
- RPEQ Certification OR ability to obtain within the next 12 months (mandatory).
- Real-time Operational Systems including Control Systems experience (preferred).
- High level of skill in the development of technical, design, development and maintenance of engineering solutions, and the application of new technology and techniques.
- High level of skill in communication to effectively liaise with other sections, external providers, suppliers, regulatory authorities, users and trade staff in the introduction of new technologies and techniques.
- A strong team player and a collaborator.
- High level of skill in planning and undertaking professional work without direct supervision and in exercising initiative in the application of professional practices and to take responsibility for project deliverables.
- High level of skill in developing and implementing standards and procedures for engineering systems..
- A proven track record of resolving problems to improve overall performance.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position call Stephanie Tyson (073019 1199)
Note for agencies: Aurizon does not accept any unsolicited resumes or emails. If Aurizon requires agency assistance, it utilises the Talent Vine platform of which you are welcome to add your input, should this be your area of specialism.