|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Specialist - Network Architecture
- Great opportunity to join a global organisation at the forefront of mining
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Work in a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for exposure to both highly visible projects and cutting edge Mining technology
- Permanent position based in Perth
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Specialist - Network Architecture to provide enterprise architectural guidance and assurance in the Network domain. The role will focus on creating a culture of innovation, collaboration and technical excellence that is centred on business value creation whilst aligning technology solutions to strategic technology roadmaps. The role, being centred around the Network architecture domain will focus ensuring the “right technology” is selected for the right business outcomes, and will reduce complexity, increase organisational agility and drive competitive advantage.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Architect to work with relevant IS&T and business stakeholders to provide high level advice regarding compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technology directions, setting strategies, policies, standards and practices.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Manager Strategy & Architecture Support, and working in challenging and exciting environment within our global Enterprise Architecture Team, you will:
- Act as the Network SME within the Enterprise Architecture team
- Author the relevant roadmaps, reference architecture, standards and transformation plans that permits prudent investing in the domain and provides actionable “guardrails” to align project/programs solutions.
- Define and enforce architecture principles & standards through active participation in Architecture Review Board.
- Exhibit high level of emotional intelligence, empathy and confidence in all dealings.
- Be intimate with the advancements and emerging technologies within your domain, routinely publish points of view and rally sponsorship by actionable business cases that are socialized with business and IS&T leadership.
- Identify opportunities to standardize technology landscape for improved efficiency, effectiveness, & risk management, and increased business responsiveness.
- Act as a trusted advisor, build and maintain relationships with business partners to develop a clear understanding of business needs and opportunities for technology solution advancements/improvements.
- Provide an advisory and assurance function for project solution architects
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in an architectural role for a multi-site enterprise grade network, supporting high availability, extensive network security systems and diverse access options
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) qualifications (or working towards completion) or an equivalent advanced knowledge of switching, routing and troubleshooting in Cisco enterprise environments
- Knowledge across large scale communications systems such as:
- Radio, satellite, microwave, CCTV, LAN, WAN, LTE,IP, MPLS, and Cloud Network architecture
- Software Defined Networks
- Network modelling and capacity planning
- Complex Network Design
- Network Security
- Network Automation
- Experience with communication equipment
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and stakeholder engagement skills
- TOGAF or equivalent
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) operates to enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritise critical work. The function provides solutions that are aligned with current and future business requirements through the development and ongoing delivery of IT strategy and solution roadmaps. Through appropriate governance, consultative processes, and the use of industry best practices, IS&T also ensures that emerging technologies and innovative ideas are constantly evaluated, considered, and adopted, to provide easy-to-use, best-in-class solutions and services.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.