|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Advisor – Enterprise Architecture Strategy
- Great opportunity to join a global organisation at the forefront of mining
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Work in a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for exposure to both highly visible projects and cutting edge Mining technology
- Permanent position based in Perth
About the role
We are looking for a Principal Advisor – Enterprise Architecture Strategy to work with IS&T and business stakeholders to provide high level advice on compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technology directions. They will set strategies, policies, standards and practices, ensuring the “right technology” is selected for the right business outcomes, reducing reduce complexity, increasing organisational agility and drive competitive advantage for the assigned domain.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Architect to demonstrate their experience and leadership, whilst fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration and technical excellence that is centred on business value creation whilst aligning technology solutions to strategic technology roadmaps.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Manager Strategy & Architecture Support, and working in challenging and exciting environment within our global Enterprise Architecture Team, you will:
- Review and provide Enterprise Architecture direction and guidance for high level design documentation against Program and projects including target state architecture
- Define and enforce architecture principles & standards through active participation in Architecture Review Board
- Provide leadership and mentoring to more junior members of the Enterprise Architecture team
- Exhibit high level of emotional intelligence, empathy and confidence in all dealings
- Be intimate with the advancements and emerging technologies within your domain, routinely publish points of view and rally sponsorship by actionable business cases that are socialised with business and IS&T leadership
- Identify opportunities to standardise technology landscape for improved efficiency, effectiveness, and risk management, and increased business responsiveness
- Act as a trusted advisor, build and maintain relationships with business partners to develop a clear understanding of business needs and opportunities for technology solution advancements/improvements
- Providing technical and detail guidance to solution architects and other project teams as well as advice to project solution architects
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Significant experience working in a varying IT roles focused on delivery, operational excellence, engineering and/or architecture
- Demonstrated experience in architecture and at least one of the following IT disciplines (Enterprise applications, Integration, Network, Data, Infrastructure, Cloud and operations) in a large corporate or equivalent consulting environment
- Preferably, demonstrated experience with Mining Operational Technology (Applications, Data and/or Infrastructure)
- Expert level experience in domain with fluency in emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to balance long-term ("big-picture") and short-term implications of architecture decisions.
- Demonstrated experience influencing key decision makers or senior executives in a large, cross-functional team setting.
- Previous experience with delivering strategy, roadmaps, reference architecture and standards; experience in development of business cases.
- Direct experience in solution architecture role for given domain, with measurable results.
- TOGAF or equivalent
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) operates to enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritise critical work. The function provides solutions that are aligned with current and future business requirements through the development and ongoing delivery of IT strategy and solution roadmaps. Through appropriate governance, consultative processes, and the use of industry best practices, IS&T also ensures that emerging technologies and innovative ideas are constantly evaluated, considered, and adopted, to provide easy-to-use, best-in-class solutions and services.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.