|Job Type:||Full Time|
Specialist – SAP Functional Support – HR and Payroll
- Great opportunity to join a global organisation at the forefront of mining.
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected.
- This role will expose you to exciting technology and allow you to partner with multiple teams and organisations.
- Permanent position based in Brisbane.
About the role
We are looking for a Specialist – SAP Functional Support – HR and Payroll to manage the ongoing operations, maintenance and support for relevant ERP components and related applications, working with and providing direction to partner organisations.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a demonstrated history in application support to make their mark in a truly world class business.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Principal Advisor, Functional Support, and working in collaborative and exciting environment within our global IS&T Team, you will:
- Provide guidance and direction to the outsourced support provider when required and work with other support teams to ensure the successful delivery of support services globally.
- Manage and support the relationship between IS&T, the outsource partner and any third party Software as a Service (SaaS) vendors.
- Oversee vendor performance and Service Level Management (incident, change, and problem) from an operational perspective, with a focus on standardisation of processes, controls and metrics.
- Apply functional SAP and business process experience to assist with analysis and resolution of Production break/fix type incidents.
- Ensure all changes made to the ERP have been adequately tested and end user impacts have been identified before changes are migrated to Production – review and approve all changes being made to the ERP.
- Manage Critical and High Priority (P1/P2) incidents affecting the business, including customer engagement, escalations and critical incident management.
- Ensure all processes and standards are followed in the day-to-day delivery of support services – referencing the ITIL methodology.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for support delivery and operations, including expansion of the Support Service Catalogue (for minor, low risk and repeatable changes).
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Substantial experience in a service delivery or applications support role.
- Strong understanding of ITIL/ITSM.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple delivery partners, customers and internal teams to ensure successful service delivery.
- SAP HR & Payroll functional and business process expertise.
- A track record in managing changes to large, complex ERP solutions.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) operates to enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritise critical work. The function provides solutions that are aligned with current and future business requirements through the development and ongoing delivery of IT strategy and solution roadmaps. Through appropriate governance, consultative processes, and the use of industry best practices, IS&T also ensures that emerging technologies and innovative ideas are constantly evaluated, considered, and adopted, to provide easy-to-use, best-in-class solutions and services.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.