At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About our Assets
Queensland Coal comprises the BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and BHP Mitsui Coal (BMC) assets in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, Australia.
BMA is Australia’s largest coal producer and supplier of seaborne metallurgical coal. BMA is owned 50:50 by BHP and Mitsubishi Development. BMA operates seven Bowen Basin mines (Goonyella Riverside, Broadmeadow, Daunia, Peak Downs, Saraji, Blackwater and Caval Ridge) and owns and operates the Hay Point Coal Terminal near Mackay.
BMC owns and operates two open-cut metallurgical coal mines in the Bowen Basin – South Walker Creek Mine and Poitrel Mine. BMC is owned by BHP (80 per cent) and Mitsui and Co (20 per cent).
New South Wales Energy Coal consists of the Mt Arthur Coal open-cut energy coal mine in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales, Australia. The site produces coal for domestic and international customers in the energy sector.
About our Team
Do you want to play an active role in shaping a global business by actively delivering projects?
Do you want to continue to develop your career in Projects where you will have the opportunity to work in the delivery of significant projects within the Coal portfolio?
Join the Delivery Team at Coal Asset Projects (COAP) where you will perform the role of project manager to lead and deliver safe and reliable capital projects for our Coal Assets in Queensland and NSW.
At COAP we care that everyone goes home safely to do the things they love. We believe leadership drives culture and culture drives performance; as a leader of the project team you have a significant role to play.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Project Delivery, you will be accountable for managing the project for safe and successful delivery of assigned project to the approved business case.
This position can be based in Brisbane or Central Queensland, with weekly site time required to adequately support your project during the execution phases at our various sites in the Bowen Basin, Hunter Valley and Mackay.
In this role you will:
- Direct and manage the execution phase (inclusive of execution of pre-commitments) of a single capital project (total combined value <$100M) across Coal Asset Projects (COAP) including mine, terminal, and supporting infrastructure with a focus on safety, quality, schedule and cost.
- Pro-actively manage the project safety by ensuring the team are meeting/exceeding field leadership targets, identifying leading indicators, risks and trends, assist with solving potential safety issues/trends and prevent them from re-occurring.
- Actively engage and communicate with relevant stakeholders demonstrating a strong commitment to BHP purpose and charter.
- Be accountable for project execution planning including, scope of work, schedule, budget and risk registers and deliver projects in accordance with the Project Execution Plan, Investment Approval Request and Statement of Requirements.
- Manage quality, schedule and cost control including change management and contingency forecasting.
- Deliver strong contractor management and manage contractor performance and relationships through senior stakeholder engagement.
- Manage material risks, controls and mitigating actions, including monthly status updates and additions/deletions from risk register as project progresses through execution.
- Ensure timely & effective handover to the appointed operator including tie-ins, testing, and start up, ramp up, and any other operations related matters, minimising impacts to Operational Program through to project close out.
- Prepare, analyse and publish project weekly and monthly reporting.
- Significant experience in project management with demonstrated experience delivering complex projects across a range of disciplines (e.g. civil, structural/mechanical/piping, electrical/instrumentation/controls and technology)
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in Safety Leadership and transparent culture
- Communication and influencing skills, including the ability to produce concise reports and presentations to management
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Construction or a relevant discipline
- Project Management qualifications desirable
How to Apply
Please apply online before 18th April 2021
You will be requested to complete a video interview as part of the application process.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.