|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
In Technology, Strategy & Transformation (TS&T), we bring together business know-how and a deep understanding of technical capabilities to deliver solutions that drive success and have impact in the marketplace.
Technology Mergers & Acquisitions (IT M&A) Consulting is a key focus area of TS&T and we advise and support clients navigating across all facets of the M&A lifecycle (transaction/ deal strategy, due diligence, integration, separation), from a technology perspective. The IT M&A consulting team helps our clients to identify, solution architect and quantify considerations, value and risk during the acquisition or divestiture process and we help clients to manage this across the entire M&A lifecycle by providing the skills and expertise to assess, prepare for, and manage, the integration or separation of an IT function.
What will your typical day look like?
Your role as a Manager will focus on providing (expert) advice, management and delivery of client engagements, as well as supporting internal sales and practice development activities. You will have responsibilities for:
- Leading activities on IT M&A engagements, including transaction strategy, transaction execution and through to integration/separation from a technology perspective
- Leading and delivering small to medium (or components of large), complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement business and technology solutions for clients in M&A context
- Showing a deep understanding of technology, vendors and industries in which our clients operate
- Managing delivery of reports, strategies, plans, designs, business cases and other client deliverables
- Leading proposal development and commercial structuring for future client engagements, demonstrating risk management awareness
- Leading marketing initiatives and practice development activities (e.g. key client account management, propositions, training, marketing, communications and recruitment activities)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with client stakeholders
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You are someone who is able to demonstrate:
- Experience assessing, planning and implementing multiple IT integration, separation or due diligence projects associated with M&A activities
- Clear communications to clients, stakeholders and teams through your strong written and verbal communication skills to adapt to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Applying practical experience with communications, culture, and change management
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor junior practitioners
- Experience leading or mentoring small teams
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings
- Developing and maintaining relationships with senior client stakeholders
- Applying appropriate methodologies, standards, frameworks and tools
- Knowledge and insight into the industry and technology challenges being faced by our clients in an industry sector
- Commitment to travel to client locations
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Post-graduate experience - either consulting or in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Public Sector (Central and /or Local and Regional Government, Healthcare and Education), Consumer Goods, Retail, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Energy and Utilities, Telecoms, Media, Technology
- A broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them
- Knowledge of M&A in at least one industry
- A clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia's borders. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.
At Deloitte, we know we're at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We're committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace that embraces people regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, where everyone has equal access and opportunity to grow, develop and thrive.