|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Optus our vision is to continue to lead Australia through outstanding customer experience and we believe our people are at the heart of this. We are passionate about creating a climate that encourages our people to achieve their best – personally and professionally!
An opportunity which offers impact, progression and purpose! Making a direct impact on our customers.
The Consulting Architect exhibits in-depth technology and business knowledge across a range of industry segments and technology specialties within the Telco and ICT space to deliver solutions to Optus customers. The role will place a strong emphasis on the value proposition of ‘enterprise-wide’ solutions to address a customer’s varying business needs.
The purpose of this role is to provide a high level of business and technical consultancy in all areas of Telecommunications (Telco), and Information Communications Technologies (ICT) to customer accounts.
The Consulting Architect is the overall solution owner for all streams of a major customer engagement, covering ongoing relationship and major offer stages:
- Ongoing relationship: providing professional enterprise-wide design and consultancy services to develop innovative ‘whole-of-business’ relationships on an ongoing basis, to address customer business requirements through technology, application and services
- Offers stages: providing major solution offers (bids), covering technology and commercial ownership, and is instrumental in defining the winning business-to-technology value proposition.
- Minimum of 10 years working in the communications & Information Technology industries) providing technical and consulting support
- Broad-based ICT/Telecommunications systems design background with detailed understanding of enterprise-wide system architecture and service management methodologies
- Understanding of industry trends and directions (local and international)
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline (either Telecommunications or Information Technology at Certificate IV level)
- Exposure to enterprise service management and architecture methodologies and frameworks such as ITIL and TOGAF
- Detailed knowledge of Optus infrastructures (concept to practice) and of competitor’s products and solutions
- Professional affiliations to industry bodies such as IEEE, ACS or ATUG
- Relevant vendor and industry certifications. E.g. Cisco.
- Ability to recognize and analyse the customer’s business needs and translate them into relevant ICT solutions. Be able to articulate the value proposition to the customer.
- Experience in the development of long-term business relationships and developing strategic sales plans are essential.
- Ability to lead major Design teams through setting the architecture strategy, including leading RFT submission activities
- Strong thought leadership and collaboration skills.
- Advanced knowledge of contract, risk and commercial risks.