We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
Your new role
This position sits within the Business Implementation Services (BIS) project team and has a central focus on developing the pipeline of projects/change initiatives for the Finance & Operations and Investments functions.
The key to the success of this role is to clearly size and prioritise the projects/initiatives within the portfolio before commencement, so the Fund initiates the most impactful projects for our members.
Working with stakeholders from across the business, including supporting functions such as Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc, you will work with the business to help clarify the scope, objectives, dependencies, risks, assumptions and resource requirements for each idea that comes through the Fund's "front door".
You will work with the relevant business and delivery teams to document a case to the Senior Leadership Team for funding approval to proceed with proposed initiatives. Key duties will include but not limited to:
- Maintain the scoping and prioritisation process, with an eye to continual improvement to ensure it is still fit for purpose.
- Participate in regular engagement and interaction with other Investments, Finance & Operations and Group (Strategy/Finance/PMO) teams to ensure stakeholder needs are identified and prioritised.
- Ensure compliance and risk is taken into consideration and forms part of the processes and frameworks for managing activities.
- Work in an open, transparent, and proactive manner across the business.
What you'll need
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field.
- Have experience in a similar role across Finance and Operations &/or Investments.
- Experience with sizing projects/initiatives and an understanding of good governance processes and change frameworks.
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty and situations where the solution or underlying drivers of a problem are not always initially clear.
- Self-starter, who is comfortable working in a team where direct involvement in tasks is required, along with sound commercial judgement and a results driven mindset
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to present ideas, perspectives, and issues to senior management.
What you'll get in return
You will be working with a manager who values and supports your personal growth, in a growing, dynamic, and authentic organisation that promotes integrity and puts members first. Other benefits include a competitive salary, genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements.
We are committed to the recruitment, development, and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
We are proud to be a WGEA certified Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (8 years running) and to be recognised as one of Australia's top 10 workplaces for Dads.
Please apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be You
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.