Requisition ID: 33618
Job Category: Energy; Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking highly motivated Senior Power Systems Engineer to join the Energy team in Australia.
The global energy transition is upon us. As we shift to a low carbon world, meeting the growing demand for energy will require revolutionary thinking and a variety of resources. While the market is challenging, these challenges present the biggest opportunities and –catalysts for change.
Hatch’s Energy group partners with clients to provide comprehensive plans that incorporate all aspects of their projects. Our energy expertise in the oil and gas sector comprises the entire value chain— upstream, midstream, and downstream; and in the power sector includes thermal, nuclear, waterpower, renewable, hybrid, transmission and distribution, and grid modernization. Join our team today and help make a difference!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Lead, coordinate, and perform power systems analysis and studies, including generator connection feasibility, planning and connection studies
- Add value to clients businesses, create business relationships, preparation of proposals and business development
- Mentor and nurture junior engineers in power system analysis and studies
- Provide thought leadership to the industry through engagement in professional activities in the region
- Occasionally travel to site location or for customer meetings in Australia as well as internationally.
You will bring to the role:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering (preference will be given to candidates with post-graduate degrees in Power Systems),
- Demonstrated experience in power system analysis
- Proven track record in developing strong and lasting relationships with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client engagement skills.
- Ability to work within focused and multi-disciplinary teams and experience in leading teams and projects
- Familiarity with policies, guidelines, rules and regulations as applicable to Australian National Electricity Market (NEM) as well as other jurisdictions will be an added advantage.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Welcoming team and collaborative working environment
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button above.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.