|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an amazing Senior Systems Analyst to join our team.
The Senior Systems Analyst’s primary responsibility is to give the engineering and technology team the clarity they need to deliver quality features to market as quickly and efficiently as possible. This could be by analysing high-level product requirements to produce system requirements and solutions, or identifying dependencies and gaps between engineering teams, or documenting wire frames and user stories, or identifying and then addressing blockers, risks and issues.
- Five or more years’ experience as a Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, System Engineer, Product Owner, Technical Project Manager or similar role
- Experience in other technology companies, particularly digital and ecommerce
- Software development, geospatial experience, or other similar technical chops
- Experience as a Product Owner for Agile Development projects
- Demonstrated success working with product and engineering teams to get product to market
- This role will be working with an offshore development team based in Europe. It is a requirement of the role to work flexible hours with up to two hours per day in the (Australian) evening for communication with that team. We can offer flexibility on working hours to suit the requirement.
- Excellent written, visual and verbal presentation skills
- Strong ability to detect and then resolve ambiguity
- Good negotiation and motivation skills
- A good brand ambassador
- Sound understanding of software development process and a love for technology
- Analyse market-driven product requirements, and add sufficient clarification and detail so that Engineering and Technology teams can estimate, plan, design and implement with confidence.
- Work closely with Product Management to clarify product requirements.
- On a continuous basis, work with engineers and software developers to interpret and clarify requirements and resolve risks and issues. The objective is to allow the technical teams to “travel” at full velocity, avoiding situations where lack of requirements clarity impedes progress.
- Document functional specifications, user stories, wire frames & use cases.
- Facilitate reporting of progress against estimated dates, to product and senior management.
- Encourage and support iterative and collaborative development, favouring people over process.
- Identify operational tasks, dependencies and risks.
- Define and document improvements to business processes.
- Identify and specify necessary improvements to critical software systems and infrastructure to meet the needs of an evolving company and growing customer base.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Some of our current benefits include competitive pay, access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8%20
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.