|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sydney NSW, Australia; Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Experience as a direct technical sales engineer within enterprise cloud computing environments or in a customer-facing role.
- Experience architecting solutions with Oracle technologies, sizing and costing for Oracle in cloud solutions.
- Experience with database performance tuning including network performance, storage performance, and database tuning techniques.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the fields of systems integration, large scale data transfer/management, and enterprise database performance.
- Experience in disaster recovery (DR) and data back-up strategies.
- Experience optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads.
- Ability to effectively present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer focusing on data management, you'll contribute experience and thought leadership to support Google Cloud Sales teams, and drive vision, mission, and strategy around solutions. You'll meet with customers to facilitate business transformation, map success patterns, and publish assets to scale your knowledge and support further customer successes. In this role, you'll identify and parse industry trends that focus on Oracle to recommend, plan for, and address core market opportunities with new solutions and use cases for positioning to customers.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Support local sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities, and engage customers to address aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery, and architect customer solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Be responsible for leading technical projects, including such activities as technology advocacy, facilitating bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques that include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and RFI response documents.